Santee Cooper Credit Union was founded in 1953 to serve the employees of the South Carolina Public Service Authority, commonly referred to as Santee Cooper. The Credit Union was chartered when 10 members joined together their funds contributing $50.00 each. They offered membership to employees for $5 per share, which it still remains today.


Since its charter, Santee Cooper Credit Union has expanded its field of membership to include anyone that lives, works, or attends school in Berkeley or Horry County, South Carolina. While the credit union has continued to grow over the past 65 years, we have maintained our personal and professional service to improve our “people helping people” philosophy.

Go to main navigation