Are you looking to earn a higher yield on the money you are saving? It might be worth checking out our investing options.
Share certificate accounts are a great way to save and earn a high interest rate. Just a $500.00 deposit opens the certificate* with terms that vary from 3 months to 5 years.
*Penalties for early withdrawal may apply. Members over the age of 55 qualify for a higher rate.
IRAs (Traditional and Roth)
What are you doing to save for retirement? Santee Cooper Credit Union offers both Traditional and Roth Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs). Whether you are starting out with a new IRA or would like to rollover an existing IRA, we are here to help.
- Allows for tax-deductible contributions with certain restrictions
- Withdrawals can be taxed
- Cannot make contributions once you turn 70 ½
- For the 2019 tax year, you can contribute up to $6,000 plus $1,000 if you are 50 or older by the end of the tax year
- Subject to required minimum distribution rules
- Contribute at any age
- Not tax deductible
- Offers tax-free withdrawals
- For the 2019 tax year, you can contribute up to $6,000 plus $1,000 if you are 50 or older by the end of the tax year -- However, with Roth IRAs, the contribution limit may be lowered if you fall within a certain income range
- Not subject to required minimum distribution rules until the death of the Owner of the Roth IRA
Go to main navigation